VIRTUAL BOOMERANG TOURNAMENT RACE
Taking part in a Virtual Boomerang Tournament is easy and fun. The rules to follow are very simple and non-different from the rules described in the IFBA Rulebook for running a boomerang discipline. The main difference is that there is not a strict rule for spotters since we trust in the Fairplay of our sport. Anyhow, the basic rules are as following:
- The Virtual Tournament is held on specific dates, usually weekends. Go out during the weekend and perform the six events as if they were for real. You only have one chance, once you started you should go on.
- Events contested: Accuracy 100, MTA Unlimited, Trick Catch, Fast Catch, Endurance, Australian Round.
- Submit your full name, and scores to us before the end of the last day of the Virtual Tournament.
- Record your performances in video, upload it to Youtube and share it with the world!
NEXT WORLD VIRTUAL TOURNAMENTS
- March 19th, 20th, and 21th
- May 28th, 29th, and 30th
- July 23rd, 24th and 25th
- October 22th, 23rd and 24th
SCORING TABLES FOR YOUR TOURNAMENT
Download here all the scoring tables. You can look up the points per event with the following scoring tables.
Results - World Virtual Boomerang Tournament
A new yet unusual season has started. At least on “virtual level”.
We encourage you next year to throw every event in every virtual tournament. Please don’t feel ashamed if you have no real MTA, no doublers, no 30m Aussie round boomerang. The point system is in this sense beginner friendly. If you score:
- 50p Accuracy,
- 20p Aussie Round (5 catches with 20m range),
- 10p Trick Catch (Just singles, both one handed catches and two handed behind the back),
- 10s in MTA,
- 10c in Endurance 5min,
- 60s in Fast Catch,
then that’s a small step (well… maybe a big step) away from world class throwers but hey, it will be a giant leap in your personal boomerang world!
The point calculator will tell you that competing in every event counts much more than 18sec in Fast Catch and nothing in the remaining events.
RACE SEASON 2021
Overall updated at October 31st 2021. Disciplines to come soon.
Taking a look at the event rankings will tell you: Just competing in each discipline at each VT will boost your ranking as there are many competitors with few scores. So take your chance at the next VT! Aussie round: catching a 20m boomerang 5 times is already 20p for example.
At the end of each document you also find the season high scores per discipline. They don’t enter the ranking.
RACE SEASON 2020
As christmas present here’s the final standings of the virtual season 2020.
Also for each event you can check out the standings. High scores (nor relevant for ranking) per event are also listed.
We hope to see you participating at VT’s next year, and even more at “real” tournaments!